Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Season Starts

The growing season has started. Granted it hasn't felt like April with the lack of rain and random spikes in temperature. In some ways I can't complain but it has thrown me off and doesn't feel right for the Northeast. It is finally raining today but in such a gloomy glum way. I am posting some photos of what I've been working on lately in the lot. Keyhole beds, garlic sprouting that were planted in the fall, strawberries, herbs and flowers. I hope to experiment a lot this summer with fruit tree guilds and perennial herbs and vegetables. I can't wait.

The bee chillen in the cantaloupe flower was from last year. Its like a little cozy bed. All it has to do is fly right in. Everything nature makes has its purpose and when you see those connections it is inspiring and magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment